It is essential to maintain routine oral hygiene by regularly brushing and flossing your teeth. Regular brushing and flossing are necessary to avoid build-up of plaque and tartar. We recommend that along with routine oral home care, patients must regularly have a visit to the dentist once in six months to have their teeth cleaned in a professional manner. We advise this as proper oral cleaning would help prevent diseases of the gum, bad odor, remove stains and discoloration, and most importantly obtain oral hygiene tips and advises from the professionals.
What can we expect from dental cleaning?
At our facility, we provide our patients with the utmost care to ensure that they walk out with a beautiful smile. With our dental cleaning services, patients can expect:
- Removal of stains, tartar, plaque, and bacteria if any.
- Prevent severe dental complications such as periodontal disease.
- Can curb bad odor and tooth abscesses.
- Patients can get a proper evaluation of their teeth
What is the procedure involved in dental cleaning?
In a typical session of dental cleaning, our dentists will first undertake a proper examination of the patient’s teeth. Dentists will use cleaning tools to slowly remove the dirt from the teeth. This will remove most of the existing plaque and tartar. Next, they will be further removed from the teeth by using a scraping tool. Then comes the procedure of polishing the teeth that would leave it bright and radiant. After polishing, the teeth will be flossed. This will leave it smooth and clean.
How long would a procedure take?
At an average, a dental cleaning session would take an hour and forty-five minutes. What are the types of dental cleaning? We offer our patients with different types of dental cleaning at our facility.
- PROPHYLAXIS: This is done in order to remove plaque and tartar near the gums of the teeth. This type of cleaning is performed every six months.
- FULL MOUTH DEBRIDEMENT: This procedure is done to remove any accumulation of calculus. It is done before starting any type of cleaning process.
- DENTAL DEEP CLEANING: This procedure’s primary goal is to treat the bacteria that cause periodontal disease. It will help to kill and remove any plaque and tartar near the gum line.