Sometimes just a broken portion of the teeth can turn down the smile often making it look unappealing. Dental science has collaborated an excellent solution to broken or chipped teeth by introducing veneers. They are a thin shell-like smooth material that is used to hide such discrepancies between the teeth. They can be directly cemented onto the surface of the teeth. An often excellent choice of the material used for veneers is Porcelain. As Porcelain are safe due to their metal-free characteristics and translucent nature, they make the excellent choice for veneers.
- Veneers are a useful restorative option due to the following reasons:
- They make an excellent choice for cosmetic solutions of the teeth.
- They can hide cracks, cavities, misshapen tooth, and severe discoloration.
- They can improve the appearance of teeth that are misaligned.
How to know if you are in need of veneers?
Our dentist will undergo a prior examination of the teeth to recognize and evaluate if the patient is in need of veneers. Patients will be educated about the several restorative options available so that they can be confident to decide what kind of restoration they would want to opt for. Veneers are advised when the patient suffers from minor chips and cracks on the teeth, minor misalignments, and discoloration. Also, veneers are an excellent choice for restoration for patients who require cosmetic solutions.
What are Veneers made of?
Veneers can either be composed of resin, plastic, or porcelain. Porcelain veneers are a popular choice due to their strong and durable nature. They also enhance the appearance of the teeth. Veneers can be developed by choice of treatment. Every veneer designed are customized to suit the patient’s needs. Veneers can be cemented to the teeth with the help of dental adhesives.
What are the benefits of Veneers?
Veneers offer a wide range of benefits apart from their cosmetic solutions. Veneers can help to attain a confident and attractive looking smile. Here are some of the benefits of getting veneers.
Veneers are popularly known to provide a solution for teeth that have been severely discolored. They help to remove unappealing discoloration of the teeth.
- Veneers can help resolve minute misalignments of the teeth.
- They can cover cracks and scratches.
- They can help attain a natural looking smile.
- Veneers will help to resolve structural imperfections.
- Can pave a way to providing excellent cosmetic solutions.
- They restore the form and functionality of the teeth.
What is the procedure for getting a veneer?
Placing a dental veneer would take two sittings with the dentist. Here is an idea of how the procedure looks like:
- Before placing the veneer, dentists will evaluate the amount of enamel that would require being removed.
- Patients will be provided dental sedatives to ensure that they are comfortable throughout the procedure.
- With the help of digital X-rays, dentists will take impressions of the teeth and send the treatment plan to the labs where the veneers will be designed and developed.
- A certain amount of enamel will be removed from the teeth that require veneers. Until the permanent veneers are ready, the temporary ones would be placed onto the teeth.
- The second sitting would be when the permanent veneers are ready to be placed.
- During the second sitting, the temporary veneers will be removed. The teeth will undergo a round of cleaning and the permanent veneers will be cemented over it.